Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Provera

So the last month and a half I have been on provera (medroxyprogesterone) along with my 1,000 milligrams of metformin, my 400 mg folic acid and my gummy vitamins. For those of you who are unfamiliar with provera it is a progestin, A female hormone that helps regulate Ovulation and menstrual Cycles. Provera is important for woman with PCOS to have some sort of cycle. Your body needs to have a period it is vital to you health. Menstruation is necessary to rid the body of the uterine lining that has built up in preparation for pregnancy, it also eliminates excess iron witch can be a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Additionally, the menstrual cycle includes two weeks were women show significantly reduced blood pressure as a result Woman have fewer heart attacks and strokes. Monthly Menstruation flushes bacteria out of the reproductive system serving as a form of protection for STD's and infertility. I know that it can be a pain to have a cycle every month but your body needs to have a period it is vital to you health so suck it up buttercup and talk to your DR about Provera.. I did and I feel wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment